From WikiOverland, the encyclopedia of Overland travel
Jump to: navigation, search

I'm in Mexico at the moment with a temporary import permit. It has an expiration date on it and the document we had to sign with it says our deposit will be forfited if we don't take the vehicle out of the country before the expiration date (6 months from when we entered). But this page says they do not expire while you are legally in the country. I just want to check with anyone before modifying the page because that seems completely wrong.

In Mexico, the state name is Sonora not Senora.

Hmm. That's a very good question and I don't know the answer. Try posting it on this Facebook group - someone there will likely know the answer, then I'll update the information in WikiOverland. -Dan (talk) 11:21, 8 January 2015 (GMT-13)

i bought from a foreigner a california plated vehicle in mexico, perhaps somewhat rushly.. the question is, can i take it out of mexico? basically i have an endorsed title deed, and not much else, would i have to go back to california to register it in my name or i could do something else? my plan was to travel through centrl america, but i think it might be hard to take it out of the country... even to cross the border into the us.. thoughts? thanks

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to cross an international border with the title just signed over to you.. the title actually needs to be in your name (match passport). I'm pretty sure you will be allowed to drive it into the US (make sure you have insurance first), and say you're going to get it registered in your name.. do that, then turn around and go south again. Good luck! -Dan (talk) 08:27, 25 May 2015 (GMT-13)