Is this the place to ask you things ? Casper Jansen
- Sure Casper, you can ask me things here, or email is fine too. -Dan 11:32, 16 July 2013 (GMT-13)
Hey Dan, i was going to add links to the main sources of campsite information in Australia, saw this link on the page:
ROADTRIP FROM MELBOURNE TO BRISBANE - A trip through the Australia from Melbourne to the Brisbane with gps locations and prices recorded.
Although it contains a couple of campsites the majority of the information is their blog on their travels which you have to look through to find the few camping locations, which makes it a little difficult to find the information, if many users were to add link after link like this, it would be very hard to navigate to useful, informative and most importantly easily obtainable information?
Whats your thoughts on this?
For me it would make Wiki overland less useful as the links are not specific like "camping locations in NSW" or Queensland etc or for example camping locations on say the Gibb river road.
is it there a way to have chat on the pages etc to discuss updates or Changes?
- Hey Martin, very good point. Those links were added recently, and I didn't vet them very closely. I agree that much more specific links directly into the information are better than generic "here is my blog" kind of links. Thanks so much for all the updates! At the top of every page, you can click "Discussion" to discuss anything you want about the content of any page.. just put stuff in there like you have here, keep it super informal, etc. Anything else you need, let me know. I'm working on lots of back-end stuff to make it easier to update, look prettier, etc. -Dan (talk) 08:22, 26 June 2014 (GMT-13)
Most of the pages on Special:SpecialPages don't work. You might consider looking into it, as they are really useful for maintenance work, especially when the wiki grows. Harald Hansen 00:31, 21 December 2011 (GMT-13)
- Thanks, good spot. I just cronned the maintenance script to run daily, so the pages will update that often. -Dan 12:08, 21 December 2011 (GMT-13)
You created the article "Panama to colombia car ferry xpress"
- By the way, since I signed up earlier in December, I've made almost a hundred edits, and I've moved a few pages and that sort of thing. If you ever have any concerns or any things like that, please feel free to tell me. You set up this wiki, so you have a right to say what goes up on here. --Selfie City (talk) (contributions) 11:47, 29 December 2018 (GMT-13)
- Hi Selfie City. Thanks very much for all your work, I really appreciate it. I don't have as much time for this wiki as I would like while I'm on the road in Africa, though I'm adding info from all the countries I go to and trying to patrol edits and keep everything else in line. I appreciate your work very, very much! Absolutely, you're right, the info about Ferry Express needs work now that it doesn't run!. I'll get around to it eventually, or feel free to do it yourself.